James McElroy is a seasoned veteran within all aspects of corporate Human Resources and employment law. Specifically, James has resolved hundreds of employment disputes while successfully leading the diversity and compliance initiatives for a $15 billion global company prior to helping launch NO TRIAL as a new business model.
His area of specialty is arbitration, mediation and dispute resolution. James serves on several neutral panels: American Arbitration Assoc., Resolute Systems, LLC, National Arbitration Forum, and National Assoc. Soc. Dealers (FINRA) Summit County Domestic Relations Court.
James McElroy’s unique style, expert knowledge of the emerging Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) methodologies, and mastery of a variety of conciliation and litigation avoidance processes make him a much sought after mediator and consultant.
James’ ADR practice is national in scope. He has successfully mediated a myriad of employment matters including:
- Wrongful Discharge
- Sexual Harassment
- Retaliatory Discharge
- Breach of Contract
- Civil Rights
- Executive Separation
- Kent State University – 2008-2010 Director EO/AA, Labor relations, Employee relations
- No Trial Ltd and Private law practice – 2004-2008 Mediation, Arbitration, Employment law litigation.
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company – 1972-2004 During my career I served in a number of Human Resource management positions, including Industrial Engineer, HR Manager, Director HR, and Director EEO/AA/Diversity. As Director of Employment Practices and regulatory compliance, I developed an ADR process that included, open door - open floor, mediation, and arbitration. I served as Corporate Ombudsman.
- Bachelor of Science Industrial Management, The University of Akron
- Juris Doctor, The University of Akron School of Law
- Ohio Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Akron Barristers Association
James received his Juris Doctor from Akron University School of Law and served on the Board of Directors of the Equal Employment Advisory Council. James also received extensive divorce mediation training at the Mediation Training & Consultation Institute and is a successful mediator for the Summit County Domestic Relations Court.
James McElroy gains his high-level consultative capabilities from a breadth of related field experience including past work as a Corporate Diversity and Compliance Director, Employment Practices Manager, Industrial Engineer, Corporate HR Generalist and Field Labor Contract Negotiator.
He is a member of Ohio Bar, Association for Conflict Resolution and National Conference of Minority Professionals in Alternative Dispute Resolution.